In Drama at MMS, pupils are encouraged to express themselves creatively by participating in a wide range of drama activities and to evaluate their own and others’ contributions; pupils are taught the knowledge, skills and understanding to:
- Use a variety of dramatic techniques to explore ideas, issues, texts and meanings.
- Use different ways to convey action, character, atmosphere and tension when they are scripting and performing in plays (for example through dialogue, movement & pace).
- Appreciate how the structure and organisation of scenes and plays contribute to dramatic effect.
- Evaluate critically the intentions and performance of dramas which they have watched or in which they have taken part.
The range of drama activities includes:
1. Improvising and working in role.
2. Devising, scripting and performing in plays.
3. Discussing and reviewing their own and others’ performances.